Starting a food business can be a daunting task. There’s a lot to think about, from finding the right location to stocking your shelves with the right products. But one of the most important aspects of any food business is having a commercial refrigerator that can keep your food fresh and your customers safe.
Here are 10 must-haves for your commercial refrigerator:
- Capacity– How much space do you need to store food and drinks? Choose a fridge with enough capacity to meet your needs. It’s always better to err on the side of caution and get a larger fridge than you think you need.
- Energy efficiency– Commercial refrigerators use a lot of energy, so choose one that is as energy-efficient as possible. Look for a fridge with an Energy Star label. This will help you save money on your energy bills and do your part to protect the environment.
- Climate control– If you’re going to be storing delicate items like produce or dairy, climate control is a must. Look for a fridge with separate compartments for different temperature zones. This way, you can keep everything at the perfect temperature, no matter what it is.
- Spill-proof shelves– Spills happen, so choose a fridge with spill-proof shelves. This way, you can prevent messes and keep your food fresh. It’s also a good idea to get shelves that are adjustable, so you can customize the space to meet your needs.
- Easy to clean– A commercial fridge should be easy to clean, both on the inside and out. Look for a model with smooth, rounded edges and no nooks or crannies where dirt and grime can accumulate.
- Safety features– If you’re going to be storing food in your commercial fridge, safety is a must. Look for a fridge with locking doors and shelves that are high enough off the ground that small children can’t reach them.
- Durability– A commercial fridge should be built to last. Look for a model that is made from high-quality materials and has a robust design. It is also a good idea to choose a fridge with a warranty, in case anything goes wrong.
- Warranties– Most commercial refrigerators come with a warranty, so be sure to read the fine print before you make your purchase. This way, you know what’s covered and what’s not. This is especially important if you’re buying a used fridge.
- Maintenance– Some commercial refrigerators require more maintenance than others. Be sure to choose a model that is easy to maintain and doesn’t require special tools or products. You also have to have an on-call professional where you could bring your commercial refrigerator for repair to Salt Lake City or any other nearby cities.
- Price– Commercial refrigerators can be pricey, so be sure to shop around and compare prices before you make your final decision. Also, be sure to factor in the cost of energy and maintenance when you’re considering different models.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when you’re choosing a commercial fridge for your business. With so many options on the market, you’re sure to find one that meets your needs and fits your budget.