Today, Mayor Nutter signed an executive order establishing the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant and Multicultural Affairs.
This important office will support the needs of Philadelphia’s rapidly growing immigrant community. As outlined in the order, the office will:
- Improve access to city services
- Engage local and national community-based organizations and other non-profit groups
- Develop economic resources
- Promote civic participation
- Assist with educational opportunities and access
Mayor Nutter named Jennifer Rodriguez as the office’s Director and Fernando Trevino-Martínez as the office’s Deputy Director.
The City of Philadelphia has quickly become a multicultural hub in the United States. Establishing this office will provide the city government with a true opportunity to foster its diverse community and celebrate its cultures. The Mayor’s Office of Immigrant and Multicultural Affairs will help Philadelphia thrive as an inclusive, supportive and prospering community.