Most recently the Philly311 Mobile App saw the addition of the “Excessive Heat” widget, providing citizens with important resources to stay cool (and safe) through a scorching second half of Summer 2013. If you haven’t checked out the “Excessive Heat” widget, here’s what it includes:
- Cooling Center Information (air conditioned environments where residents can take refuge during excessive heat)
- Department of Public Health’s Tips to Keep Cool
- Elderly Assistance Information (the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging’s Senior Helpline: 215.765.9040)
- Parks and Recreation’s Pool and Sprayground Schedule and Contact Information
- Information on Emergency Air Conditioning Complaints
Philly311 Mobile App widget additions automatically appear in the app and do not require and update. Click here to download the Philly311 Mobile App and stay cool!