If you haven’t heard, Philadelphia’s Channel 64 will soon be airing “The Philly311 Show.” With the tagline “Engage, Educate and Empower” the show from the City’s 311 Non-Emergency Contact Center will be interview-based, giving residents a closer look at City Officials and their positions. The show will also feature a “Customers Want to Know Segment” which quizzes Philadelphia residents on some of Philly311’s most frequently asked questions.
As the show is in the midst of production, the producers are still looking for the perfect jingle. Could your jingle be it? Enter the Philly311 Jingle Contest to find out. Below are the official rules and guidelines:
OFFICIAL RULES OF THE PHILLY311 SHOW JINGLE CONTEST
The object of this Contest is to record an original “jingle” that you have written to introduce and close the Channel 64 Cable Access Philly311 Show. The contest is open to all creative and enthusiastic City of Philadelphia residents.
The winning Jingle will be used for the Philly311 Show and associated marketing and advertising for the show. The creator will be included in show credits.
• Must be FCC acceptable, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language.
• Content should not infringe or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or contractual right of a third party.
• No defamatory or libelous material or material which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person.
• No content or material that is illegal, contains nudity or is sexually explicit, or by law, obscene, profane or pornographic.
• No misrepresentation or disparaging remarks about the City of Philadelphia or its operations, or other people, products or companies.
• No content which implies or portrays graphic violence excessive use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous.
• No content which is abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification. Specifically this includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs (such as the “N” word), threats, intimidation, or hostile acts.
• No content communicating messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the City of Philadelphia wishes to associate.
• Must be socially acceptable and in good taste, as determined by the City of Philadelphia Managing Director’s Office (MDO) in the sole discretion.
• Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
• Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indication identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
Philly311 reserves the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE VERIFYING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THE CONTEST RULES AND THAT YOU ARE THE OWNER AND PRODUCER OF THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL AND THAT NO THIRD PARTY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS EXIST TO THE MATERIAL SUBMITTED WHICH WOULD RESTRICT THE RIGHTS GRANTED HERE UNDER. YOUR SUBMITTED RECORDING WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THE SUBMISSION FOR ANY COMMERCIAL USE AFTER IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
HOW TO SUBMIT MUSIC FOR THE PHILLY311 SHOW JINGLE CONTEST
PHASE 1: SUBMISSION PHASE
The submission phase begins on August 29, 2013 and ends October 4, 2013.
Options for submission must be a recording of entrant performing an original recording.
• Entry submission should include the following concepts or ideas:
- Engaging the community
- Educating citizens and visitors
- Empowering residents to action
- City services and department information
- Improving quality of life in neighborhoods
• You can submit your original recording via the following:
- Email an audio file to Philly311SM@phila.gov (wav., WMA, MP3, MP4 for example)
- Upload a video to YouTube and then email a link to the video to Philly311SM@phila.gov
• Label the Youtube Upload as “The Philly311 Show Jingle – Your Name”
• Include your full government name, age, and phone number in your emailed submission.
- All entries must follow the Entry Guidelines set forth above.
The call for entries will close on September 13, 2013. The Philly311 Show Production Team will review the submissions and select a winner.
Judging criteria for the contest is based on the following:
• Lyrics incorporating the concepts listed above
• Overall composition of original material
OWNERSHIP AND ENTRY LICENSE GRANTED:
By entering you are required to transfer ownership over your entry to the City of Philadelphia-Philly311. By submitting the Entry to us, you hereby grant to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-restrictive, royalty-free, sublicense able and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, make available, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Entry (including any title of the Entry and your name and likeness) in connection with The Philly311 Show. If you do not want grant the rights as set forth herein, please do not participate in the Contest.
Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all winner(s) grant the City of Philadelphia exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the City of Philadelphia may use such information for marketing purposes, and may include the names of winners in a publicly available winners’ list.
Prize(s). The Grand prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) include:
(1) The winning Jingle will be used for the Philly311 Show and associated marketing and advertising for the show. The jingle will also be incorporated into Philly311’s Interactive Voice Response (IVR) in the call center. The creator will be included in show credits.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in City of Philadelphia Managing Director’s Office sole discretion. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the City of Philadelphia reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the City of Philadelphia, its employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Philly311 shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. Void where prohibited by law. The Contest is offered only to residents of the United States of America.
This contest has no relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Google, YouTube, Facebook or Twitter.